Our Corporate Affairs ambition is to grow the business, promote the company, our brands and products and improve the business climate. In close collaboration with Corporate Affairs Director, the Head of Public and Regulatory Affairs Manager is expected to deliver the ambition by:
- Leading Multi Bintang’s public affairs agenda
- Shaping the image of the company and beer category (industry) in society
- Strengthening the positive reputation with regulators, key opinion leaders and public in general
- Taking a proactive approach to issue management, constantly seeking opportunities to improve the fiscal, regulatory and business environment and protect our license to operate as well as commercial freedom.
- Building relationships and maintaining dialogue with key government stakeholders, NGOs, grassroots/communities, the media
- Developing a strong network of advocates for our business/industry to shape public opinion and regulations.
- Championing Multi Bintang Indonesia’s agenda throughout programs/initiatives undertaken by the brewers association (GIMMI) as well as other key associations
- Collaborating with the Sustainability and Communications teams to advance the Corporate Affairs and company agenda
- Develops the strategic planning framework for the company’s public affairs agenda and manages the implementation of actions to address key risks (including business and also operational i.e. breweries) and market opportunities.
- Serves as the custodian of the strategic and operational plan working with subordinates to execute
- Identifies and maps out key national policy and political opportunities/risks that impact short and long term business goals/commercial priorities (including but not limited to draft alcohol law, excise, tax stamps and license to operate i.e. production licenses).
- Proactively engages key internal stakeholders on external developments to ensure understanding, awareness and impact on commercial priorities.
- Represents Multi Bintang and our interests at senior levels with our industry/trade associations and at Government and Industry forums and events to ensure our interests are considered.
- Oversees contact programme to build strong personal relationships with key external stakeholders.
- Cultivates the most influential advocates both inside and outside our business.
- Identifies opportunities and establishes alliances/partnerships that can act as strong trusted advocates for our business/industry to shape public opinion and regulations.
- Engages and manages relationships with government and non-government stakeholders both at national and also local level.
- Proactively advocates appropriate and effective alcohol policy and fair treatment of beer and promotes positive image of beer category/ industry/opco.
- Sets vision and targets for mass advocacy programmes, linking advocacy/campaigns to macro-commercial objectives and quantifies impact; within the campaign plan, directly influences the position of the industry or position/policies of a government.
- In collaboration with Communications team, develops and drives communications plan, editorial calendar and assets for both internal and external audience.
- Ensures that HEINEKEN has robust data, analytics, measurement and social listening tools in place to plan, track, and evaluate successful advocacy efforts / public affairs campaigns.
Current focus area:
- License to Operate
- Commercial freedom (points of sales for alcohol/beer, e-commerce regulation)
- Alcohol draft bill / RUU
- Local regulations / PERDA
- Fiscal and non-fiscal
- Food safety (methanol poisoning, alcohol food grade and non-food grade, alcohol in society, traditional alcohol)
- Future business opportunities/trends
- Bachelor or Masters in Communications, international relations, Policy study, Political Study, or other relevant educations.
- Minimum 10 years in Regulatory Affairs/External Affairs/Public Affairs/PR/corporate communications/communications consultancy/or relevant function. Have experience in leading effective public affairs campaigns; successful engagement with senior officials and politicians; working with trade associations; developing and writing public affairs plans that are central to achieving key business objectives; experience in coaching and setting and managing performance objectives, and providing leadership to a team; experience of working in FMCG preferable but not essential.
- Fluent in English
- First-class written and presentation skills
- Great networking & influencing skills and good existing media contacts
- Information gathering and interpreting skills
- Strong influencing and negotiating skills
- Knowledge of legislative processes / policy making / political campaigning
- Understand how traditional and social media works and how public opinion is shaped in today’s world
- Organisational skills to manage demanding workload and priorities
- Strong project management
- Ability to handle complex issues, grasp complex information and communicate simply
- Big appetite in developing others
- Willing to roll up sleeves and work on execution
All Related Listed jobs
PT Panjunan Indramayu Rp. 2.250.000 - Rp. 2.750.000 per bulan 2023-02-19
Domusindo Perdana Pasuruan 2023-02-19
Talent'd HR Solutions North Sumatra 2023-02-19
PT Gunung Slamat Tasikmalaya 2023-02-19
PT Sumber Bintang Perkasa Jakarta 2023-02-19
PT Medina Debeuz Indah (Paletas Wey) Denpasar 2023-02-19
Accenture Semarang 2023-02-19
PT. Sinar Jernih Suksesindo Batam 2023-02-19
FedEx Express APAC Tangerang 2023-02-19
Haaru Cafe Deli Serdang 2023-02-19