Perform examination of welds / material by Ultrasonic (UT), Magnetic Testing (MT), Dye Penetrant (PT) and Eddy Current (ET) based upon code and contractual specification. Determine conformity / non-conforming flaws and report accurately.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Perform NDT examination of welds and materials by any one of the following methods and qualification (i.e. UT, PT, MT & ET) in accordance with a written Project NDT Plan, NDT Procedures, Code and Contractual Specification.
- Executing the examination in accordance with approved NDT procedures and internationally recognized codes / specs. Determine acceptance / rejection based upon the defined criteria.
- Inspection Tech shall liaise with the assigned Quality Inspector to determine the completion of assigned task.
- Report conforming work and identify non-conforming work for rectification. Ensure rectified work inspected by the QC Inspector prior to examination by the original NDT Method.
- Be occupationally Qualified to internationally recognized schemes to determine competency (i.e. PCN, CSWIP, ASNT etc.) requirement and shall perform duties ethically and safely in accordance with the professional occupation guidelines.
- Be proficient in assessing examination results accurately, sentencing welds and reporting same, according to the relevant code/spec acceptance criteria.
- Ensure proper maintenance of NDT equipment and maintain equipment certification records
- Maintain a safe, secure and healthy environment by adhering to Company / Customer safety standards and practices and to legal regulations, alerting others regarding potential hazards or concern.
- Work independently, but also with remote teams of NDT personnel.
- Set up and calibrate nondestructive testing equipment (If necessary).
- Perform other job-related tasks as assigned by management.
- Responsible for inspecting duties, organizes and generates reports pertaining to inspection and evaluation. He is also expected to prepare reports on all testing and evaluations done.
- Responsible for ensuring that the equipment’s used for testing are all functioning to its maximum and according to safety regulations.
- Demonstrate excellent communication skills, professionalism, and promote a positive customer service attitude internally and externally
- Enforce and abide the requirements of safe operation and personal safety using required Personal Protective Equipment and safe work practices
- Mentor and train coworkers assigned to you through on the job training in safe work practices, technical skills and compliance with company policy.
- Responsible for prioritizing job orders in terms of its cost and effectiveness.
- Prepare NDT reports on PCM software by using computer.
- Completely responsible for quality and productivity.
Essential Qualifications and Education:
- Snr. High School / Diploma
- 3 years Experienced as NDT Inspector
Company Overview and Core Values:
McDermott is a premier, fully-integrated provider of technology, engineering and construction solutions to the energy industry. For more than a century, customers have trusted McDermott to design and build end-to-end infrastructure and technology solutions—from the wellhead to the storage tank—to transport and transform oil and gas into the products the world needs today.
At McDermott, we hold all employees accountable to follow our 5 core values.
- Integrity – we maintain a firm adherence to legal and ethical conduct
- One Team – we are one company, where everyone is equally important
- Go Beyond – we seek courageous and creative solutions
- Well-Being – we promote all forms of well-being
- Commitment – we are reliable and dependable in delivering quality solutions