Job Title: IT Support
Location: Jakarta, Indonesia
A LITTLE BIT ABOUT THE ROLE:
The role of the IT Support is to provide all technical support and procurement where possible for all staff within OLIVER SEAPAC. They will need a keen eye for proactive solutions and not just reactive.
The IT Support is responsible for resolving support requests as well as meeting customer satisfaction and continuous service delivery demands. IT Support staff work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment which provides services over e-mail, phone, person and directly on client site. Will be working closely with the wider IT team across the world.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING:
- Provide 1st and 2nd line support for users, PC, Mac and printer infrastructure.
- Understand and administer Active Directory
- Where possible provide server support
- Escalating IT issues to the Senior IT Manager where necessary
- Diagnosing and resolving technical issues
- Undertaking small- to medium-sized IT projects as instructed by the IT manager
- Manage and troubleshoot Office 365 and other cloud based systems
- Setting up and configuring new laptops and desktops
- Installing authorised software to laptops and desktops
- Strong knowledge and experience with VPN Technology
- Ensuring security and upgrades are applied to desktops and laptops and kept up to date
- Antivirus installation to all desktops and laptops
- Fault finding to laptops and desktops
- Reporting faults and maintaining logs on servers, desktops and laptops
- Completing internal user moves including phones
- Ensuring all logs for equipment and users are maintained
- Creating purchase requisitions for IT hardware/software
- Ensuring licensing for all software purchased is recorded and maintained
- Setting up new users and disabling expired accounts in accordance with HR requirements
- Support Mac OSX, Windows 10 and Windows 7 operating systems
- Utilise Casper and TeamViewer remote management tools
- Support to Senior Support Technician in solution analysis and design activities
- Maintaining current knowledge of relevant developments in respect of ICT and strategy within your role
- Ensuring that routine maintenance and processes are reviewed, maintained and completed
WHAT YOU WILL NEED TO BE GREAT IN THIS ROLE:
Role-specific skills, knowledge and experience
- Minimum 3-5 years experience in IT support
- Have a Decent Internet Connection Minimum 100Mbps connection
- Strong Knowledge and experience on a MacOS environment.
- Excellent communications and written skills ability to speak and write English fluently
- Certification in Microsoft Certifications and Cloud Computing Technologies is preferred
- Meraki Firewall and Switch experience is welcome
- Experience in IT domain, and IT Systems Administration in mid-to-large enterprise preferred
- Experience in troubleshooting and repairing PC and Mac systems
- Backup and restore software experience
- Enthusiastic self-starter, ability to self-taught
- Must be appropriately resourceful and a keen trouble-shooter
- Must have a professional attitude, good work ethic and efficiently pursue attention to detail
- Ability to work at any point in the specification and design part of the engineering lifecycle
- The candidate should be familiar with generation of reports and undertaking analysis using typical office environment tools such as Word, PowerPoint, Access, and Excel
- Knowledge of ITIL and its application
A LITTLE BIT ABOUT THE COMPANY:
Established in 2004, we are the first and only company to design, build and run bespoke in-house agencies and ecosystems for brands. Today, we create work that delivers business growth, fame and purpose for over 200 clients in 46 countries and counting.
Our unique model moves at the speed of modern business to drive change from the inside out; working smarter to make our clients' money go further, and helping them build better solutions, systems and brands. Client solutions include Unilever's U-Studio (a platform used by almost three-quarters of Unilever's brands globally), adidas' off-shore hub and PepsiCo's global digital team.
In 2020 we were ranked #1 in Adweek's Fastest Growing list (US) and featured in The Drum's Honours List of the best businesses that helped shape the year.
We are part of the Inside Ideas Group (IIG), which combines specialisms from Adjust Your Set (content and culture), Dare (design, experience and engineering) and Aylesworth Fleming (property marketing).
OUR VALUES AND HOW TO LIVE THEM:
Ambition – you look for opportunities to deliver greater value to those around you.
Imagination – you identify a range of solutions to problems.
Inclusion – to be actively pro-inclusive and anti-racist across our community, clients and creations.
Inspiration – you lead by example and encourage others to do the same.
Learning – you have excellent listening skills that helps you to learn from our clients and those around you.
Results – you accept responsibility for your actions.
Inside Ideas Group and its' affiliates are equal opportunity employers committed to creating an inclusive working environment where all our employees are encouraged to reach their full potential, and individual differences are valued and respected. All [suitable] applicants shall be considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, neurodiversity, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by local laws.