Overview of job
EssenceMediacom is an agency of GroupM, the world’s largest media investment company and are a part of WPP. In fact, we are responsible for one in every three ads you see globally. We are currently looking for a Manager Connection Planning to join us. In this role, you will be responsible in leading your team and managing a set of clients(s) at EssenceMediaCom Indonesia by managing the day to day delivery of conventional and digital media planning with excellence for the assigned client(s).
At GroupM APAC, our people are our strength, which is why fostering a culture of diversity and inclusion is important to us.
Reporting of the role
This role primarily reports to the Lead.
Best things about the job:
- A learning environment with mentorship from within EssenceMediaCom Indonesia, GroupM Indonesia and EssenceMediaCom Regional
- Opportunities to work across local and international client and agency teams
- You will always be the at the front line in getting and implementation of the latest insight, trend and new media innovation and technology
- On top of continuing excellence delivery in traditional media, also huge focus on growing the integration with digital planning product including performance or e-commerce, search and content also included.
Measures of success –
In three months, you would have:
- Understood past work and plans to the best of your ability within the category/brand that you will handle
- Understood category and brands objectives and the challenges
- Gained initial client trust and comfort level to drive their business
- As the team grows, this role will be responsible to nurture the team and develop capabilities in them which will enable the team to deliver path-breaking media innovation and make an invaluable contribution to the client’s business
- Foster a desire to increase knowledge within the media space, understanding of differences across various markets and how to effectively use digital and conventional media across the region
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with key clients across multiple disciplines from Media, Brand Marketing and Advertising Development and with key partners like PR and Creative Agencies
- Integrate effectively within the Client Teams in Indonesia
- Create relationships with Media Owners to enable seamless and value-added media buying
- Understand cultural nuances and develop strong relationships within the teams across the Asia Pacific region.
In six months, you would have:
- Drive strategic integrated media plans –including conventional, digital and performance based campaigns
- Manage all aspects of advertising for MC to meet client and agency objectives
- Work with internal and external partners to create best in class media strategies and tactical plans
- Integrated effectively and in good manner with clients, teams, vendors and partners
In 12 months, you would have:
- Provide media expertise to develop the client’s use of promote the innovative use of digital and conventional platforms
- Drive strategic & tactical innovation across media platforms, including display, video, search, mobile, social
- Deliver best in class insights & analytics for all media activities across Indonesia
- Support country teams to deliver insights across all platforms
Responsibilities of the role:
Besides planning, overseeing, and driving operational needs of your clients; you would also be in-charge of being a media consultant to the clients by advising, guiding and shaping your clients’ media work specific to the brands you are handled. While growing existing business will be key, you may also be required to assist your senior teams in new business development initiatives, strategic projects and or make plans required to drive the business and internal excellence.
What you will need:
- Undergraduate degree in communication or media or business management (Post-graduate/ masters preferred)
- 5 to 6 years of work experience, in which at least 3 years have been spent working on media/communications planning related business
- Highly evolved planning, presentation and reporting skills across touchpoints.
- Experience in managing and integrating on large projects and teams
- Demonstrated experience and success working in a client facing role
- High confidence levels to work with mid to senior level clients (both local and regional/ global)
- Preferably with exposure on FMCG brands.
- Fluency in Bahasa Indonesia and English (both written and spoken)
- Candidate should be able to present thoughts, plans and ideas in a clear and succinct manner (on a PowerPoint, Excel, or otherwise)
More about EssenceMediaCom
We are a global communications agency leading with breakthrough thinking, building explosive growth for brands, and helping our clients see the bigger picture. Our daring global network of 10,000 influencers help our clients breach traditional boundaries in media, uncover novel ideas, and unleash exponential growth. EssenceMediacom challenges conventional thinking to build, propel, and supercharge our clients’ businesses at scale and lead our industry in critical areas such as diversity, equity, inclusion, and sustainability.
EssenceMediacom understands that our people are tasked with big goals: building breakthrough growth for brands and leading with breakthrough thinking in our industry. Our people are at the heart of this work because their ideas will enable us to decode the intersections of people, content, and technology to bring our aspirations to life. Our success is down to our eclectic, diverse, and talented people. EssenceMediacom is a place for us to grow our careers and expand our horizons. EssenceMediacom is committed to building an agency culture that supports our people, puts diversity at the forefront of our operations, and creates opportunity for all. This collective culture will be our “new power” where ideas are freely exchanged, and collaboration is actively encouraged in a place where you can innovate in our hyperconnected world.
Know more about us: https://www.essencemediacom.com/
With a population of 260 million, Indonesia is one of the fastest growing and most dynamic markets in the world. With an increase in consumer disposable income, Indonesia is now firmly on the radar for multi-national companies seeking to invest in emerging markets.
Whilst the Indonesian media landscape is still dominated by terrestrial TV with 65% of all advertising spend, digital media is now poised to go through a period of exponential growth. There are around 170 million internet users in Indonesia and more than 70% of them are accessing the web via mobile. The opportunity to transform a media landscape on such a scale is unprecedented in the APAC region.
We're looking for creative and diligent people to join us on this exciting journey of transformation. We're ready to create impactful solutions for media challenges, shaping the next era of media with our diverse and passionate team.
GroupM is an equal opportunity employer. We view everyone as an individual and we understand that inclusion is more than just diversity – it’s about belonging. We celebrate the fact that everyone is unique and that’s what makes us so good at what we do. We pride ourselves on being a company that embraces difference and truly represents the global clients we work with.