The Role Responsibilities
- Responsible to drive continuous process improvement for an efficient nexus credit risk management in digital lending environment.
- Responsible to ensure nexus credit risk adherence and compliance to the Bank's credit risk governance process including designing an effective Quality Assurance Program and implementing the Bank's Operational Risk Management Framework within nexus credit nexus process.
- Support nexus country risk governance.
- Provide independent risk advisory services, primarily focused on the Credit and Operational & Technology Principal Risk Types (PRT).
- Support risk assessment of new initiatives and ensure adherence of Group guidelines and Regulations which relevant. Assess risks identified from new/variation to products, services and/or customer acquisition campaigns by providing advice and guidance from the Second Line of Defence point of view to First Line of Defence. In this connection, also review and challenge risk opinions formed by the First Line of Defence including but not limited to those by Indonesia Business Risk Manager.
- Provide independent Conduct Risk Management oversight to ensure that nexus complies with all applicable SC Group policies and standards and regulatory expectations, ensuring a fair outcome for all customers.
- Ensure diligent gap analysis has been performed against Group's CPBB Credit Risk Management Policy, Underwriting & Risk Management Standards, Partnership Standards, local law and regulations, and all other Bank applicable requirements as set out in the Group Frameworks, policies and standards.
- In consultation with the Group Directors of nexus Credit Risk Management and Non-Financial Risk Management, be responsible for reviewing and challenging the Country Risk and Control Self-Assessment (RCSA, produced by the Indonesia Business Risk Manager) as the independent Second Line of Defence. Review the remediation plan for material risks identified and escalate such material risks to senior management. Ensure that for any material risk identified, treatment plans (or risk acceptance where applicable) are in place and have been approved.
People and Talent
- Ensure the provision of ongoing training and development of own self.
- Develop agile collaboration culture which encourage and champion change in the daily workplace.
- Risk identification, assessment, monitoring and reporting within nexus credit process and ensure that new, elevated, or material risks are reported to the relevant forum.
- Propose relevant controls to mitigate the risk identified within nexus credit process and perform periodic assessment to obtain assurance regarding the effectiveness of controls.
- Ensure compliance with Group Policy and Standards, local laws and regulations, and controls and procedure of the Bank.
- Ensure that first-line and second-line responsibilities are clearly defined and understood in the context of nexus credit risk management and nexus credit risk process.
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group's Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across all SC venture dealings. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
- Country: Country Credit Head, Country nexus CRM, Country Collections & Recoveries, Country MIF & CAA, Country Risk Operation (Credit Initiation & Fraud Risk Management), Country nexus Product & Servicing, Country nexus Technology, All other Country nexus Team, All other Country (OR, BRM, SCM, Legal, Compliance, FCC, Finance).
- Group: Group nexus Risk Team, Group CPBB CRM, Group CPBB Credit Policy & Governance, and all other.
- Group nexus Team (Product, Technology).
- Partners of Nexus Indonesia, 3rd Party vendors (service providers for nexus credit risk).
- Embed Here for good and Group's brand and valued behaviours.
- Flag any serious fraud/conduct issues in Indonesia.
Our Ideal Candidate
- Graduate degree with 5-10 years of relevant Risk Management experience (especially operational/credit risk) or Internal or External Audit experience in Banking industry.
- Extensive knowledge of digital banking and lending credit process. Sound understanding of Banking processes and products.
- Strong risk & control mind-set.
- Middle Management level experience in Credit/Operational Risk.
- Good communication skills
- LSPP Level 2
Role Specific Technical Competencies
- Manage QA & Operational Risk
- Credit Risk Lending Knowledge
- Digital Banking Knowledge
- Fraud Risk Management
- Enterprise Risk Management
About Standard Chartered
We're an international bank, nimble enough to act, big enough for impact. For more than 160 years, we've worked to make a positive difference for our clients, communities, and each other. We question the status quo, love a challenge and enjoy finding new opportunities to grow and do better than before. If you're looking for a career with purpose and you want to work for a bank making a difference, we want to hear from you. You can count on us to celebrate your unique talents. And we can't wait to see the talents you can bring us.
Our purpose, to drive commerce and prosperity through our unique diversity, together with our brand promise, to be here for good are achieved by how we each live our valued behaviours. When you work with us, you'll see how we value difference and advocate inclusion. Together we:
- Do the right thing and are assertive, challenge one another, and live with integrity, while putting the client at the heart of what we do.
- Never settle, continuously striving to improve and innovate, keeping things simple and learning from doing well, and not so well.
- Be better together, we can be ourselves, be inclusive, see more good in others and work collectively to build for the long term.
- In line with our Fair Pay Charter, we offer a competitive salary and benefits to support your mental, physical, financial and social wellbeing.
- Core bank funding for retirement savings, medical and life insurance, with flexible and voluntary benefits available in some locations.
- Time-off including annual, parental/maternity (20 weeks), sabbatical (12 weeks maximum) and volunteering leave (3 days), along with minimum global standards for annual and public holiday, which is combined to 30 days minimum.
- Flexible working options based around home and office locations, with flexible working patterns.
- Proactive wellbeing support through Unmind, a market-leading digital wellbeing platform, development courses for resilience and other human skills, global Employee Assistance Programme, sick leave, mental health first-aiders and all sorts of self-help toolkits.
- A continuous learning culture to support your growth, with opportunities to reskill and upskill and access to physical, virtual and digital learning.
- Being part of an inclusive and values driven organisation, one that embraces and celebrates our unique diversity, across our teams, business functions and geographies - everyone feels respected and can realise their full potential.
Recruitment assessments - some of our roles use assessments to help us understand how suitable you are for the role you've applied to. If you are invited to take an assessment, this is great news. It means your application has progressed to an important stage of our recruitment process.
Visit our careers website www.sc.com/careers