Women’s World Banking is looking for a Specialist, Advisory Services, to join a forward thinking, high-performing, collaborative, agile, and fast-paced team focused on delivering innovative customer experiences, banking services and products that create business and customer value to serve low-income women.
S/He will support the Advisory Service Lead to provide advisory services to enable our client-partners to effectively reach and serve low-income women with relevant financial services. S/He will manage project work plans and deliverables, as well as meet project milestones and targets in order to ensure delivery of project results on time and on budget. S/He will be responsible for internal and external communications, including reporting to international funders.
The ideal candidate will have a background in financial services (banking/Fintech/Insurance/e-commerce) and/or financial services consulting, with experience in building and/or delivering solution or strategy to promote particular products or services for customer acquisition or activation. S/He must be a strategic thinker with the ability to see the big picture and propose new ideas for ways of engaging the target audience through innovative & customer-centric solutions.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Lead and support multiple advisory/solution projects activity in Southeast Asia simultaneously to achieve project deliverables in timely manner, independently and/or collaboratively as a team. The project activities include overall project planning, coordination and monitoring, research and analysis, ideation to generate ideas, prototyping, user-testing, pilot and pilot monitoring, and rollout recommendation and implementation.
- Together with the team to design effective and commercially viable solutions using human and user-centered design approach to achieve project KPIs.
- Identify (potential) risks and making necessary decisions in ambiguous, fast-paced situations in coordination with the Project Lead and/or team.
- Establish and maintain relationships with the partner (Financial Service Provider) and any relevant stakeholders related to the project.
- Lead/support knowledge management activity related to the project, including documenting detail project activities and learnings, blogs/article writing, report writing, internal/external knowledge sharing through different avenues.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to provide critical contribution to other projects/programs beyond the Advisory projects but particularly in Southeast Asia (e.g. research, policy advocacy, training program, etc.), as well as to aligns with overall organization operations/activities to provide excellent service delivery for client-partners.
- Develop a strong understanding of financial inclusion landscape in SEA particularly Indonesia, Cambodia and Vietnam, specifically for the low-income women, to develop ideas/solutions that can increase women’s financial inclusion.
- Undergraduate or MBA, MPP, master’s degree in a relevant discipline.
- 6-8+ years of total work experience ideally in financial services (bank or non-bank), or consulting firm with experience of work related to financial services/inclusion project.
- Strong project management skills with minimum 3 years of experience in consulting and/or a project-based role, including ability to deliver multiple projects/tasks at the same time.
- Experience in applied design thinking process, including customer (behavioral) research (qualitative) and analysis, ideation, prototyping, and user testing to develop effective and commercially viable solutions.
- Experience/knowledge in (customer/market) qualitative research and analysis.
- Experience in commercial and business data analysis
- Strong communication skills, which include writing and presentation skill.
- Ability to manage relationships with multiple stakeholders at all levels in an organization.
- Must be willing to travel within Indonesia, including other countries in Southeast Asia
- Fluency in English and Indonesian is a must
- Interest in the field of financial inclusion, including gender.
- Familiar with financial services products and services such as savings, loans, remittances.
- Experience work, in general or to design solution, towards low income people/women in general, micro and small business owners, migrant workers, unpaid worker.
- Passionate and/or experience working in an NGO or development-related work.
- Demonstrated ability to execute and successfully achieve objectives in a dynamic, fast-paced environment with aggressive timelines.
- Intellectual curiosity demonstrated in creative problem solving and solution-seeking.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently; as well as to work in a (remote) team.
- Work experience in a diverse, multi-cultural global organization
Measure of Success
- Assume full responsibilities of the position
- Demonstrate understanding and capability to support/lead SEA Advisory portfolio.
- Embrace and demonstrate Women’s World Banking’s values – Think Big, Own and Commit to It. Smarter together
- Learn and comprehend Women’s World Banking’s business model
- Fully integrate into both Advisory Services and Southeast Asia team
- Competitive salary & top tier benefits
- 15+ paid time off days in addition to paid sick days and holidays
- Company closes for two paid Mental Health and Rejuvenation Weeks per year (July & December)
- 401(k) with employer match / pension contributions where applicable
- Company paid professional development opportunities
- Flexible work options available, including work from home options (outside of fieldwork)