The Role Responsibilities
To assist the Head of Product and Processing – Documentary Trade Indonesia in managing and overseeing the day-to-day Product & Processing (Documentary Trade) but not limited to:
- Multitasking to support other Head unit in managing day today transaction
- Substitute staff of another unit
- Synergize to achieve KPI/target, increase productivity & efficiency, establish robust control and acceptable risk appetite by managing people, process, technology improvement, financial and delivering excellence services.
- Be responsible for providing advisory services, supporting deal structuring and digitalisation for trade flows across all service tiers. Work together on improving the function delivery by partnering with Trade CoE and TB and be responsible for escalation of client transactions from Core Operations and Country Business team.
- Be responsible for all System-based Transaction Processing, all workability checks on documents & transactions before Processing in System, processing related certain Communications (e.g., Inputting Referral Details in TD, discrepancy notification, raising treasury deals, etc.) and Product-specific post-processing activities (e.g., Sign, Seal & Endorsement on documents, sort & prepare documents for despatch, filling, end of day reconciliation, etc).
- Drive and monitor initiatives and activities to improve daily operations in view of accuracy, efficiency and services and work closely to all stakeholder (i.e., Trade Product, Sales, Group chain) to deliver smooth daily operations.
- Manage product and processing assurance to be complied with policy & procedure (group and/or country)
- Awareness and understanding of the Group’s business strategy via the relevant score card as follows:
- Improving Client Experience
- Deliver the financial framework and optimize low returning markets
- Transform, and disrupt with digital capabilities and improve productivity
- Purpose & People
- Continuity business plan, Risks and Control
- Customer services oriented and put the customer on the 1st mind of action.
- Maintain partnership with CCIB and Transactional Banking team and be responsive to their service requirement as well as group chain and related stakeholders.
- Product Operations
- Policy & Procedure Management
- Product-specific Review & Gap Analysis of Various Policy, Procedure & Regulations
- Product-specific CDOI & CA Updates
Governance & Escalations
- Product-specific Margin Reconciliation and Refund
- Pending Credit Report Reconciliation
Trade Advisory & Transaction Structuring
- Handling Documents for Complex Transactions
- Coordinating Regulatory Documents (e.g., Report, Membership Certificate) Renewal for Clients
Disruption Resolution & Reduction
- Communication with RM/BDM/PSM/Client for Complex Referral Resolution (as engaged by the Client Operations Team)
- Following up for TSAAS RFIs
- Obtaining Approval for DDUG/AML Escalations
- Deferral Tracker Maintenance
- Client-wise & Product-wise Disruption Analysis
- Ensure Transaction Execution by Processing Operations
- Monitor TD Queue and High Ageing Items
Supporting Digitisation & Automation
- Supporting various BBS Deliverables
- Supporting SMIT, DTC & other Digitization Agendas
- Supporting various Automation Initiatives
Trade Systems Management
- Monitoring Trade Systems-related Issues
- Raising & Coordinating Trade Systems-related Change Requests
- Coordinating Various System Testing, UVT, UAT etc.
Monitoring & Reconciliation
- Daily PSGL Exception Reconciliation
- Reconciliation of TFS Accounts
- Daily Message Monitoring (including NAK Message)
- Sundry Receivables A/C Recon
- Supporting Audits & Peer Reviews
- Meetings, Calls & Written Communications with Regulators, and other External & Internal Stakeholders
- Do Processing Activities where require due to Local Regulatory/Business Requirements LKPBU, LBU, etc.
- System-based Transaction Processing
- All Maker-level Data Entry in DTP.
- All Checker-level Transaction Release in DTP (as per DOA)
Workability Checks for Processing
- All Document Checking
- All Erstwhile "Pre-Processing Checks"
- All Types of Manual Calculation before Data Entry in Processing Systems
- All Types of Data Entry in Peripheral Systems like LTP, WTP etc.
Processing related Communications
- Inputting Referral Details in TD Remarks
- Raising Treasury Deal
- Product-specific EOD Reconciliation
- Product-specific Archival Management
Regulatory Reporting & Correspondence
- Product-specific Regulatory Returns Preparation & Submission
- Monitoring and supervise that all related stakeholder aware and take action for any past due transaction
- Manage at a high level the day-to-day functioning of Unit to ensure that the Bank’s policy and local regulations are adhered to.
- Manage the internal control programs to build up realistic and effective controls within the Unit defined by country & Group Operations are observed.
- Handle complex transactions escalated from subordinate officers or directed from team Leader in Unit.
- Ensure irregular and past due reports are reviewed and appropriate actions taken according to laid down instructions.
- Ensure that all services/products provided are legally compliant and in accordance with related regulation on KYC and anti-Money Laundering, to protect the best interests of both the Bank and the customers.
- Participate in and/or support the Bank's effort in combating money-laundering activities
- Exercise due care and diligence on matters related to Money Laundering and KYC in the day-to-day operations, transaction monitoring, reporting suspicions, customer communication, implementing new requirements, updating and revising operating procedures, acquire relevant knowledge and training, provide support to superior and subordinates.
- Hold primary responsibility for the prevention of money laundering of the Business Unit
- Ensure the development, implementation, maintenance and monitoring of procedures and controls are in compliance with the requirements of Group Policy and Standards, local laws and regulations
- Ensure that appropriate internal controls are in place and operating effectively
- Ensure all Unit staffs are adequately trained
- To ensure all aspects of risk escalation is effective and in accordance to Group Standards.
- Lead and support pre/post audit/peer and assurance reviews.
- Recommend any Dispensations to Regulations and Group Policies to Policy Owners.
- Formulate action plans for the resolution of the Exceptions.
- Ensure rectification of all Exception items and ensure that within agreed timescales, they are confirmed closed by Legal and Compliance.
- To ensure that Health and Safety Policy is implemented in accordance with Group Standard.
- To ensure that BCP/DRP plan are updated on a regular basis and tested at least once a year and follow up any outstanding failure (make sure that BCP/DRP are workable during disaster).
- Proactively communicate with Business Unit Head and BRM on operational risk issues. Escalate significant events to Business Unit Head/BRM as appropriate.
- Responsible for assessing the effectiveness of the Group’s arrangements to deliver effective governance, oversight and controls in the business and, if necessary, oversee changes in these areas; Awareness and understanding of the regulatory framework, in which the Group operates, and the regulatory requirements and expectations relevant to the role.
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group’s Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Manage the Product & Processing Operations (Documentary Trade) to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank’s Conduct Principles: [Fair Outcomes for Clients; Effective Financial Markets; Financial Crime Compliance; The Right Environment.] *
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
- Serve as a Director of the Board of (COO)
- CCIB, TB Sales/Product/Change Mgt, RM & CCG Team
- FM Dealers
- Key functional partners in country i.e., IMO, Legal, Compliance, Audit, HR, Finance & Risk
- Others operations unit
- Open Account Product & Processing Operations
- Trade Core Operations
- Client Operation
- Trade Business Risk Team
- Business Technology
- Country, Regional and Global Trade Team
- Bank Clients
- External Auditor
- Job holders should follow the assignment and other job duties by Line Manager
Our Ideal Candidate
- University graduate or above
- Min. 8 year in banking operations including trade services
- Certified Bank Risk Management Level 1
- Certified SPPUR level 4
- Certified for Documentary Credit Specialist
- Advance knowledge for trade product and services.
- Good interpersonal and communication.
- Good presentation and promoting skills.
- Excellent understanding of service quality principles.
- Good understanding of applicable technology used for trade services.
- Self-motivator, able to manage multiple tasks and work under pressure.
- Good management and leadership skills to groom and develop staff to achieve the target.
About Standard Chartered
We're an international bank, nimble enough to act, big enough for impact. For more than 160 years, we've worked to make a positive difference for our clients, communities, and each other. We question the status quo, love a challenge and enjoy finding new opportunities to grow and do better than before. If you're looking for a career with purpose and you want to work for a bank making a difference, we want to hear from you. You can count on us to celebrate your unique talents. And we can't wait to see the talents you can bring us.
Our purpose, to drive commerce and prosperity through our unique diversity, together with our brand promise, to be here for good are achieved by how we each live our valued behaviours. When you work with us, you'll see how we value difference and advocate inclusion. Together we:
- Do the right thing and are assertive, challenge one another, and live with integrity, while putting the client at the heart of what we do
- Never settle, continuously striving to improve and innovate, keeping things simple and learning from doing well, and not so well
- Be better together, we can be ourselves, be inclusive, see more good in others, and work collectively to build for the long term
In line with our Fair Pay Charter, we offer a competitive salary and benefits to support your mental, physical, financial and social wellbeing.
- Core bank funding for retirement savings, medical and life insurance, with flexible and voluntary benefits available in some locations
- Time-off including annual, parental/maternity (20 weeks), sabbatical (12 weeks maximum) and volunteering leave (3 days), along with minimum global standards for annual and public holiday, which is combined to 30 days minimum
- Flexible working options based around home and office locations, with flexible working patterns
- Proactive wellbeing support through Unmind, a market-leading digital wellbeing platform, development courses for resilience and other human skills, global Employee Assistance Programme, sick leave, mental health first-aiders and all sorts of self-help toolkits
- A continuous learning culture to support your growth, with opportunities to reskill and upskill and access to physical, virtual and digital learning
- Being part of an inclusive and values driven organisation, one that embraces and celebrates our unique diversity, across our teams, business functions and geographies - everyone feels respected and can realise their full potential.
Recruitment assessments - some of our roles use assessments to help us understand how suitable you are for the role you've applied to. If you are invited to take an assessment, this is great news. It means your application has progressed to an important stage of our recruitment process.
Visit our careers website www.sc.com/careers